Innovations is the solution to World’s risks and problems.
It is only innovation that has a potential to reduce or eliminate the world’s problems. Innovation can be deployed specifically in Africa to reduce or eliminate some of the problems listed below.
What are the current problems that require continued innovation?
- Access to clean water,
- Energy and Power (electricity generation)
- Food shortages,
- Human rights abuse
- Shelter and clothing
- Transport/ mobility
- Poor resource utilisation
Agricultural commerce and industry
Most countries in Africa are still Agriculture based economies. Applying innovation in agriculture can change
- Agricultural equipment and systems (tilling, planting, pest control, harvesting)
- Seeds and chemical
- Storage and marketing
- Irrigation and drought mitigation
Other sectors requiring innovation in Africa
- Small Scale mining and mineral processing
- Home industries
- Rural businesses
- Value adding across industries